Complete the following assignment in one MS word document:
Chapter 3 –discussion questions #1-4 (page # 190) & exercise 12 (page # 191)
1. How do you describe the importance of data in analytics? Can we think of analytics without data? Explain.
2. Considering the new and broad definition of business analytics, what are the main inputs and outputs to the analytics continuum?
3. Where do the data for business analytics come from? What are the sources and the nature of those incoming data?
4. What are the most common metrics that make for analytics-ready data?
Go to data.gov—a U.S. government–sponsored data portal that has a very large number of data sets on a wide variety of topics ranging from healthcare to education, climate to public safety. Pick a topic that you are most passionate about. Go through the topic- specific information and explanation provided on the site. Explore the possibilities of downloading the data, and use your favorite data visualization tool to create your own meaningful information and visualizations.
Chapter 4 – discussion questions #1-5 (page # 247) & Application Case 4.7 on page 243, The Target Story – answer the two case questions on page 244, integrating concepts and examples from that case.
1. Define data mining. Why are there many names and definitions for data mining?
2. What are the main reasons for the recent popularity of data mining?
3. Discuss what an organization should consider before making a decision to purchase data mining software.
4. Distinguish data mining from other analytical tools and techniques.
5. Discuss the main data mining methods. What are the fundamental differences among them?
Application Case 4.7:
Look at pages 243 and 244 in the attached text book and answer the two case questions.
When submitting work, be sure to include an APA cover page and include at least two APA formatted references (and APA in-text citations) to support the work this week. All work must be original (not copied from any source).