Following the steps below, write a 3-4-page data analysis report.It is important to include data excerpts in your report when analyzing and discussing your data.
STEP-I: Watch the following two video clips. While watching, take notes on:
• The situation, context, participants, etc.
• Wallace’s use of certain words and their link to identity
• Her use of language and its link to ideologies and language ideologies
• The construction of the humorous performance by the Singer through the use of Wallace’ words used by the singer. Take into consideration multifunctionality, intertextuality
• Its link to societal beliefs and race relations
Video link-1: Watch from 0 to min 4 only. If you would like to watch it fully, that is also fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIXlBat62eU
Video link-2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zulEMWj3sVA
STEP-II: Your data analysis report will respond to the following questions. However, you do not need to include question numbers in your writing. Write it in paragraph form instead.
Q-1: How language is used to index identities and create and/or maintain boundaries? (i.e. sameness vs. differences, “us” vs. “them”, who is the “us” and “them”) by Wallace and the Singer? Link this to language as social action, practice, and multifunctionality.
Q-2: How does language give us cues about speaker’s ideologies? What are the language ideologies and/or general ideologies that they convey in their performances? Link this to language as social action and language ideologies from the chapter and other writings.
Q-3: How did the singer construct his humorous performance through picking up the words of Wallace? Discuss the circulation of words and discourse? Link this to intertextuality, practice, and multifunctionality discussed in the chapter.
3-4 page, double-spaced. 1inch margins. Introduction, data analysis paragraphs, discussions of your findings, and conclusion.